Saturday 3 September 2011


This is a new idea that I wanted to try out today - my version of a scrapbook/scrapbook page.  I used Serif Craft Artist Platinum - daisytrail digikits for the backing papers and all embellishments.

This is, as you will see, a kind of card/folder within which to keep photos/items/keepsakes from a holiday or trip out/treat/family occasion.  I will put pics, and in this case, a special peacock feather from this day out.  Each new card/folder will be personalised with the visit/occasion and the month and year, along with a photo or similar for the person (in this case my gorgeous grandaughter, Elizabeth) to keep mementoes of special times.


This will be put into a punched pocket and stored in a
ring binder to keep clean and safe and will be added
to throughout the months and years.  This will make a
beautiful keepsake to look back on when my grandaughter
is older.

The gorgeous pic of Elizabeth is taken within the grounds of
Ruthin Castle in Wales - on my big pic of this (10x8) you can
see clearly the lovely autumn colours in the foliage growing
on top of the lovely stone wall just to the right of Elizabeth
in the pic - really gorgeous yellows and reds - which is
why I chose the lovely bp for this project.  I just love all
the colours changing now - such lovely tones to work with.
When I was small, I used to love collecting the leaves from
the trees as they changed through all the gorgeous colours
of autumn and sticking them into scrapbooks.

You cannot see clearly from the pics the decoupaged
flowers that I've curved and added with pads to add
some dimension.  The colours are a really lovely
autumny red as you will see on the backing paper
has lovely shaded leaves and fern fronds on it.