Tuesday 27 September 2011

This is my favourite of my recent makes up to now - it's part of an order for my Cousin who regularly asks me to make cards for her.

This is for her to give to her daughter's mother-in-law for her birthday.

I used Serif Craft Artist Platinum to design this card - actually using a scrapbook page layout as the base for this card.  The background paper on this is a lovely muted pale green colour and the decoration of the leaves and the fuscia flowers really stand out.

I've used glossy accents on the flowers to make them more prominent, also on the little droplets.  Added glamour dust to the ribbon and twine to add a little glitz and finished off with a lovely cerise ribbon bought recently from a local bargain store.  The colour of this ribbon is perfect to go with the cerise in the graphic.  I triple printed the lovely deep cerise butterfly - onto printable parchment which gives a really lovely flimsy look and feel to the butterfly which unfortunately, you cannot get a good idea of from the photo.