Sunday 11 September 2011

I have just completed a large batch order of cards for an old friend of mine - she asked for a selection of my cards to include some for men - I came up with this design for one.

The base is cut from some lovely burgundy linen card that I purchased from Papermill before they all closed down.  I used bp's and the car topper from a cd I've had for ages and don't use much (as most of my cards asked for are for ladies).

I decoupaged the "beetle" and added some gold peel-offs on the bonnet and bumper.  I also used peel-offs to edge where the roadmap bp ends around base of card.  A gold "happy Birthday" peel off finished this very simple to make card.

As well as using for a birthday, it would be great for a new driver card - or even a bon voyage for someone moving away.