Monday 9 May 2011

Drawer Easel


I saw this design of easel card on another blogger's post and thought it a great idea.  So I had a play with my score board and came up with this little oblong drawer box to sit an easel card on top. . .

. . . The backing paper, shaper and gorgeous birthday girl graphic are from theclipartfairy.

I printed off sufficient of the graphic to layer up and also printed a smaller easel shaper to use as the stop for the easel.  I computer generated the sentiment, added the stop to the box with tiny pearl brads, also same brad for drawer "handle".  Edged the top of drawer with silver peel-offs to hide join in backing papers, glamour dusted and tiny flower heads added to give some sparkle.

You can see from the first pic, I've added lining to the drawer and inserted the message for the recipient.

For my first attempt at this kind of card, I am pleased with the end result.