Monday 16 May 2011

80th Boxed Card


Blogger is back and playing ball again - thankfully so I can post my recent cards now, which pleases me as once I've made a card I do like to post then I also have a record of what I've done.

This is a lovely big oblong card (slightly smaller than A4) I used a lovely pink bp, and topped with a matted and layered image from My Craft Studio - one of the floral ones and I can't place which right now.  I printed out the image 3 times in order to give me the butterflies and flowers to decoupage.  Once layered up I painted the decoupage with clear nail varnish which gives a lovely shine and dries to a glassy finish which I like to use for this type of decoupage.

I've added the usual glamour dust and one of my new purchases dew drops which look like little droplets of dew, obviously.  The three glittery stripes on the left of the card are made with strips of double sided tape with glamour dust sprinkled on top and lightly pressed onto the tape, and finished off with a large double white bow.



 The pics on the left and below shows the box I made to present the card in as I didn't want the little butterflies and flowers to get crushed in a standard envelope.

I printed onto cardstock, a bp from theclipartfairy
and added some baby pink ribbon, finished off with a circle nestie and also at the last minute decided it needed something else, so added a gorgeous white and silver filigree butterfly from stash.










This last pic shows close-up of the decoupage and the layers on the gorgeous little butterflies, the picture doesn't do this card justice to be honest as it is a lovely card and the shine on the butterflies and the lovely colours don't show up true sadly.  I'm really pleased with the finished result tho and thats all that matters, because if I'm not happy with a card when finished, then I don't pass it on to the person, I re-do another one until I'm happy.