Wednesday 9 March 2011

Secret Box

I bought some of these plain pink boxes from my local craft shop with the intention of creating some keepsake boxes for my grandchildren.  This is the first one I've "customised", it's for my youngest granddaughter, Isabella, and I'm going to fill with little items of jewellery for her as a present for her for when her Mummy goes into hospital to have her baby sister (due end of June).

I've decorated this one with frame and image from  theclipartfairy.  These were printed onto pearlised white card, I decoupaged both the frame and the little girl graphic.  I added my granddaughter's name to the frame, made a nice white bow for the top, to which I've added a big sparkly pink butterfly from my stash (bargain buy) which I have in several colours.  I also added some clear varnish to the girl graphic to give extra sheen.



The box looks just line any other box . . . until you open the lid to reveal storage, and under the flap you see a little ribbon pull . . . that opens up a "secret" drawer.  You could add jewellery as I am doing with this one, or some choccies for a "chocoholic" or even another of my ideas for my daughters for when they go into hospital . . . is pamper goodies (eye mask, face pack sachets, tissues, nail file etc.)

Once I've decorated another one of these little "treasure boxes" I'll post.