Wednesday 23 February 2011

Boxful of Sports

I know I'm not alone in struggling to get a good pic of cards at the minute, I see from other blogs that they're struggling also, due to the dull February weather.  This card, is made using another graphic from the clipart fairy. I've enlarged the graphic considerably to end up with a large 8"x8" square card.  As you can see, I've added the recipients name and age to the box flaps, what the pic doesn't show is that I've decoupaged the box flaps, the shoes and equipment at the bottom of the box and same with the equipment coming out of the top of box.

I've painted over the shoes, balls, bat and cap with, of all things, clear varnish (this doesn't make the colour run from graphic), to add a nice sheen to graphic and being a boy's card, minimal glitter (just on the wording).  I was asked to make a card for Adam that included his favourite sport (football) with some blue (in the shoes and cap), a card that was neither too grown up nor too babyish.  I think this fits the bill, don't you?